Monday, October 18, 2010

Language


Isn't it amazing how quickly children pick up language? I'm always amazed at the new words and sounds Paul picks up every day. It seems he has had a language explosion this past month...now being able to imitate just about every word you say as well as spontaneously use them on his own. Of course, this means we must be a little more careful of the things we say around him and remind others to do the same! What a trip bringing up a little person is. Within the first two years of life, they learn and grow exponentially. To think the divine plan God made for human life...that we would acquire so many skills, so young, so fast. Life truly is a miracle.


So here now is the growing Paul Dictionary:

apple

sit

dog

please (sounds like pee-tah)

diaper
Mommy

up

down

ross (ummm.....giants baseball season)

dirty

Nana

sock

shoe

GG (great-grandma Monteith)

cereal

Daddy

book

moo (for cow)

whoa

hi

woof (as in a dog barking)

yes

roar (as in a what a dinosaur says)

yuck

Joe & Amber (as in his aunt and uncle)

O (as in cousin O-livia)


I'm sure there's more...I'll post as I remember. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment