My son's new favorite book is the good ol' classic "Go Dog Go." He has been choosing to read this one almost every night for the past month or so. The other morning while doing dishes, he brought in his book, sat on the kitchen floor, and while flipping through the pages, performed the following monologue:
"Go dog. Big dog.
Like my hat? No. Goodbye.
Go dogs. Light green. Stop dogs. Red.
Dogs swimming under.
Dog party!"
If you know the book, you know he was doing an awesome job "reading." It is precious to see my son developing a love of reading. What a joy and blessing to spend my mornings watching his independent play and learning. I am a very lucky working mom. : )
2 comments:
Connor still just tries to eat the books. I can't wait for him to get that there are words in there! =)
Nina! This is my first time seeing your blog...and seeing recent pictures of little Paul. TOO CUTE!!! I am all smiles right now (and a little misty eyed too) to see how your family has grown! :) I'm sooo happy for you, Nina! Hope to see you all soon. Hugs!
Love, Jen
Post a Comment