Thursday, June 16, 2011

Back to Blogging...

Well...for the moment anyway. The madness of my Spring semester is over (Praise God!). I was working close to 30 hours a week, being full-time mommy, and taking two online courses to receive a second credential called a VPSS. Basically it means I can teach what I'm teaching now; kids in alternative education settings. I'll be starting up with three classes in July...so I will probably be MIA again. But until then...I'll update. Nathan in working summer school this summer and I'm going down to Gonzales once a week to work with a few students. It's a nice break, but good way to stay in contact with students.

Paul is ALL of two these days. It's amazing how when 2 hits, they turn on a little switch and start the tantrums, fits, "mine"s, "no mommy"s, "I do it"s, and so on and so on. He is full of energy and learning so much every day. He can say his alphabet, almost count to 10, sing a lot of songs (Twinkle Twinkle is one of the favorites), tell me when he's gone potty after he's gone potty (great, right?!...oh well, it's a start), read his books (okay...well he memorizes the stories and then recites them as he looks at the pictures, but that's pretty darn good!), and still loves to play outside in the dirt.

We have added 5 new members to the Cordero Clan....2 grown laying chickens and 3 baby chicks. They are all laying hens and we love having fresh eggs. Our garden is in full bloom and starting to produce some wonderful produce. We have lettuce, spinach, green onion, broccoli, garlic, tomato, pepper, snap peas, cucumber, squash, beans, bitter melon, cantaloupe, and tons and tons of pumpkins. Oh and our apple trees, grapes, and plums too. It is so awesome to grow your own food and enjoy feeding your family healthy homegrown goodness. We love what we have and are so thankful for the opportunity to be semi-farmers.



More posts to come (we hope) with pictures of our summer adventures...


1 comment:

The Howard Bunch said...

Oooh I'd love to see the garden. Will you post photos? I've been wanting to take this project on; but realistically I know that it will be a while before we can truly do it.

Post a Comment