Thursday, January 19, 2012

Weeks 8-12

December 20 and December 27, 2011


8-9 weeks

Our appointment went great! Best part was the ultrasound where we got to see our little peanut. Watching that little heart beat is probably one of the best moments in life. I had to see a new Dr this time as my first is no longer delivering babies. He seemed good so I’ll probably stick with him as he is the partner of my old Dr., and I like the office. I was so happy to just reassure myself that I actually am pregnant. It’s so surreal, but getting to hang that little picture on the fridge remind me every day how blessed we are. Our next appt is at 12 weeks on January 18th. Looking forward to hearing our peanut’s heart beat this time.

January 3, 2012

10 weeks

I’m feeling a little better as the weeks go on. I’m really hoping at 12 weeks all the sickness will be gone as that’s how it was with Paul. As of now, I get sick in the afternoon and evenings which won’t be very conducive to my job that starts in the late afternoons! Here’s hoping I will start feeling good as soon as I go back! The maternity clothes have already come out-yup you heard me right. I am NOT one of those cute pregnant gals who wear her normal jeans until 8 months and just pops out with a cute little belly. I gain weight like no-ones business and grow exponentially larger all over! It’s just how I’m made, and I know I will lose the weight within 6 months as long as I nurse and work out. So…I’m trying not to worry too much and just keep moving as much as possible (Which is difficult when all my body wants to do is feel queasy and lay on the couch!). Oh and resisting the urge to “eat for two” when my other half is only the size of a prune! : )

January 10 and January 17, 2012

11-12 weeks

I’ve been back to work and back to school in these last two weeks. It’s been a tough reality check, but a good one. I’m getting back into the routine and feeling really good about hitting another milestone. I had my 12 week appointment and all is well. It took them a bit to find the heartbeat (always SO incredibly nerve-wracking!) but when they found it, it was the best sound in the world! I am continually thankful and blessed for God’s gift to us. It was such a hard lesson in patience, but Jeremiah 29:11 was/is my mantra. I have it posted on our bedroom mirror and remind myself to look at it daily. Sometimes we just need that life check to remind us who’s in control and the wonderment that HE has in store for us.

8 Weeks
(We are kind of flaking out on the pictures!  I'm hoping to get a 12 week pic before I turn 13!)



No comments:

Post a Comment