Friday, July 20, 2012

Nursery Tour

It's FINALLY finished!! I love my hubby to pieces, but he is a bit of a procrastinator! And since he was doing the bulk of the artwork in the room, I had to be patient. But he finished, and it looks beautiful!  I love our team work and how he creates what I have in my head and brings it to life.


The mural wall with changing table and dresser.
The theme for the room was butterflies which are super significant to me, especially with this little girl.  They represent a transformation of my heart in which I had to totally let go and trust God to bring us this miracle girl.  My artist husband created this mural from both of our visions and of course added his own flare.  It is representative of our coast and me and Nathan's favorite place to be.  He created 15 butterflies, of all shapes and sizes as well as local flowers and trees.

Futon wall and shelves.
Because we are converting our guest room into the nursery, we wanted to still keep a place for guests to stay that was comfy.  We chose to buy this futon off of craigslist and keep it in the room.  It has a really nice mattress, and I like the suede cover.  It makes this small room a lot smaller, but functional.  The shelves, crib, and dresser were all Paul's.  The Disney figurines were all mine from childhood.  Baby Sizzy's name will go on one of the shelves after she's born.  I know the futon doesn't match the rest of the dark furniture, but it was a really good buy and it's what we could afford.

Bow Holder
This is a pinterest find I re-created and I tried to use ribbon that would grow with her, not too baby-ish.

View from the door.

Bible Verse.
This verse has been my rock this pregnancy and I am so blessed and thankful for the gift of this child.  So many people take for granted how easy it is for them to become pregnant and have children.  I will never again be one of those.  Only our Lord knows the true desires of our heart, and can grant us these longings, especially when we feel lost or forgotten.  My husband free styled the font after I showed him what I liked.  I added the butterflies to the wall.

Close up of the mural.
Isn't it just lovely?  : )


We still have some finishing touches to do like repaint the closet door and hang some butterflies from the ceiling.  But I'm super happy with the end result!  Baby Sizzy can come anytime now!

2 comments:

JC said...

SHE will absolutely love this room and all the love and creativity that was put into making it special.

Momma S said...

I love how thoughtfully and carefully you created a home for this sweet girl. I can't wait to meer her one day and I just know she will grow to be a woman who loves God and is a blessing to her family. What a gift - thank you Lord!

Post a Comment