November 29, 2011
5 weeks
I’m feeling really good. I get super tired in the afternoon, right when I have to leave for work of course! But I’m surviving and am being so thankful in every moment. I haven’t been feeling a lot of “morning” sickness yet. As funny as it sounds, I’m really praying to feel sick because it makes me feel so much better about a healthy pregnancy. With Paul I starting feeling sick around 8 weeks, so I guess I’m still in for it! I’m still feeling really anxious, but everyday gets me closer and closer to my 8 week appointment so I just take it moment by moment.
I have to tell this crazy story about Paul telling me I was pregnant. No seriously. About 2 weeks before I found out via a pregnancy test, Paul would randomly tell me, “Mommy, baby brother or sister is coming soon.” I would look at him with my “are you serious?” look and then move on. Within a couple of days he would tell me again. Finally about two days before I tested positive, he told me in the car while driving, “Mommy, brother or sister is coming soon. The little girl told me. She gave me something.” Okay. Yes, I started getting officially freaked out and continued to ask him ALL kinds of questions trying to figure out what he was talking about. But he just kept repeating what he had told me.
Do I believe in spirits? Yes. Do I believe in people’s abilities to communicate or sense things not of this world? Yes. Do I think my son has some crazy power? I don’t know. But two days later, and he was right. Brother or sister IS coming soon! I really think kids are just more open to receiving signs and understanding messages being sent from the other side. Their brains aren’t all full of the junk us adults have; so it’s much simpler for them. Am I talking like a crazy person? Maybe. But I thought it was a pretty cool story to remember and later share with Paul.
2 comments:
WOW, congratulations Nina and to your blossoming family!!
- Courtney Enriquez :o)
I love that story!!
Post a Comment