I started blogging shortly after I found out I was pregnant. Now let’s see if I can keep it up!
November 23, 2011
4 Weeks
I found out I was pregnant on Monday…today is Wednesday. It. Is. Amazing. I am still so in awe of the power of patience, trust, and faith in our wonderful and caring Jesus. How I’ve prayed, and begged, and cursed, and cried, and screamed at Him to just give me peace, answers, hope. And after 18 months, He has. God is so good and the first words out of my mouth as I saw that second pink line appear were cries of thanksgiving to God. He heard my cries and never abandoned me, though I at times felt like abandoning Him.
I took my first pregnancy test on Saturday (11/20) on only day 26 of my cycle. It was negative and the entire day was horrible. At the end of the day, I hit rock bottom and screamed at the top of my lungs, “What more do you want from me?!?!” Like I said-Rock Bottom. Two days later, no period and I felt that urging to test again. So after my 6:00am workout, I stopped by the store to pick up another test. And I took right before I stepped into the shower. Holy moly!! Two lines. I rubbed my eyes looked in the mirror, than back at the test. Yup, two lines, the second continually getting darker. I ran to Mr. C and with tears filling my eyes, showed him the test. We were ecstatic…beyond words. Gift from God.
Now…I wait some more. Our 8 week appointment is on December 19th and that is my next milestone. Bigger than that, we are hoping to wait until Christmas to announce it to our families. We thought a Christmas surprise would be awesome for this long-awaited miracle. It’s going to be a tough 3 weeks, waiting to see the doctor, but nothing compares to the last year and a half. I’m starting to feel a little queasy and just kind of off, but I’m praising Jesus with every bone in my body for every feeling of yuckiness I have. I have prayed for morning sickness and stretch marks and heartburn and swollen feet for months and will enjoy every moment. It’s such a different perspective from the first time around. I want to feel sick. I want to be huge. I want to experience all the ailments that got me through my last pregnancy because it is what I have dreamed of, hoped for, and begged for. It also assures me that this is all real. I really am pregnant. I really am going to have another beautiful baby in my arms in nine months. I am creating life and our family really is growing in love. How utterly fabulous!
No comments:
Post a Comment