Thursday, April 12, 2012

24 Weeks



Size of Baby: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up.


Maternity Clothes: All the time.  I’m wearing my new maternity slacks everyday to work and maternity jeans most days.  My amazing sis-in-law, Summer, handed down some really pretty dress shirts so those have been great for work as well!


Gender: It’s a GIRL!  I am beyond thrilled to have my little miracle girl.  We are keeping the name a secret until birth so we can have at least one surprise.  But we’ve yet to agree on a full name yet!  Paul calls her “Baby Sizzy.”


Movement:  She’s a real mover and shaker…it truly is one of the most amazing parts of pregnancy to feel those little bumps from the inside.  Oh how I have prayed for this, and the Lord has truly heard my heart’s desire.

Sleep: Pretty darn good.  I need to force myself to bed earlier as we usually don’t hit the pillow until 11:00 or so.  It’s just really hard when I work and don’t get home until 8:30.  I need time to chill and decompress with my hubby.


What I miss: Not-a-much.

What I am looking forward to: Enjoying the rest of my Spring Break this week and the (hopefully) quick countdown to the end of school!

Cravings/Aversions: Still crave milk and sushi.  I also have been craving a lot of cereal and more recently- S’more Pop-tarts.  I know, SO healthy.


Symptoms:  The heartburn and indigestion are pretty nasty.  Tums follow me wherever I go.  This little girl must be coming out with a super full head of hair!


Best Moment(s):   Spring Break!!!  Love my time with my favorite little man…as crazy and wild as he is these days! : )  We also had a great visit with my brother, sis-in-law and favorite niece, Evie, this month.  They handed down a ton of baby gear and enough clothes to get our little girl from newborn to 3 months!  We are so very blessed to have my generous family.


No comments:

Post a Comment